Feature Writing and Storytelling
The focus of this e-learning course is on the craft of feature writing and storytelling. It aims to provide learners with the skills and techniques necessary to create compelling and engaging feature articles.
Anam Zakaria has extensive experience in writing stories for prominent publications.
She has worked as a journalist and writer and has successfully pitched numerous feature articles to various prominent publications such as The New York Times, The Wire, Al Jazeera, and CBC. The trainer’s experience in pitching stories allows her to provide valuable insights and tips to effectively pitch ideas and write in-depth stories.
- Understanding the elements of a compelling story
- Developing different storytelling techniques
- Understanding how to enhance creativity and imagination
- Understanding the power of storytelling
- Understanding the ethical considerations in feature writing
- Cultivating empathy and understanding of characters
- How to find feature stories and craft a compelling narrative?
- How to improve our interviewing skills?
- How to craft a compelling pitch?
- How to edit and revise your writing for clarity and coherence?
- How to fact-check for accuracy?
- How to maintain ethical considerations?
- How to develop engaging characters?
- How to identify target markets?
- Overcoming writer's block
- Seeking inspiration and sparking new ideas
- Developing a professional approach to pitching stories
- Building confidence in storytelling and writing abilities
- Cultivating a strong work ethic in writing and editing
- Full lifetime access.
- Paid Certificate.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- A Computer or Mobile with an Internet Connection.