You don’t know journalism if you think it's just about reading the news.
No one in power will ever tell you the real story…. you have to search for it.
It is easy to get information, but verifying it is what really matters.
Join me while I explain how my team and I have worked on cases that have brought the powerful to account.
I’m Phil Rees, I run Al Jazeera’s Investigative Unit - and this is a practical guide to Investigative Journalism on the Al Jazeera E-learning platform.
Students of this course will learn in greater detail about the following aspects of Investigative Journalism:
- Finding an investigative story
- Hypothesis-based storytelling
- Storytelling in Investigative Journalism
- Computer-assisted reporting
- How to search the Internet
- Open-source intelligence
- Handling a document drop
- The ethics of investigative journalism
- Covert operations - going undercover
- Protecting your sources
- Securing digital information
- Legal issues
- The impact of investigative journalism
- Full lifetime access.
- Paid Certificate.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- A Computer or Mobile with Internet Connection.